The COMMON Education Foundation, in partnership with IBM, will be kicking off an open source programming competition to find the best and the brightest in open source late this summer.
WHO: Individuals or teams of up to 2 members
WHERE: Virtual Event
- Bragging rights
- All expense paid trip to COMMON’s Fall Conference & Expo in St. Louis, MO from October 2-4, 2017.
- Awesome addition to your Resume
Competitors will create a cloud-hosted Node.js application. The application will communicate with a Db2 for i database (access and credentials will be given to individuals when the competition starts) and RPG code via REST API calls. A sample program will also be provided, which you may choose whether or not to start with. The final product will be judged on the usability, appearance and performance of the application, with extra consideration for any integration with cognitive computing. Final submissions should be in the form of an application deployed to and running on IBM Bluemix technology. Additional information, including instructions, guidance and key dates will be sent out via email (to those who have registered) once the competition begins.
Begin preparing for the challenge by:
- Learning how to get started with Node.js in Bluemix (and maybe deploy an application of your own).
- Discovering the capabilities of the Node.js Toolkit for IBM i
- Exploring the Node SDK for IBM Watson on Watson Developer Cloud as well as the other content on Watson Developer Cloud
Fill out the form below to be added to the list for notification when the competition starts and any additional details. Applicants may need to provide proof of student status.